Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Address:12 Mile and Drake Rd, Farmington Hills, MI 48331
• Support multiple Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse projects, including build-out of Dimensional Models (Star / Snowflake Schema).
• Responsible for performing data analysis activities to capture data requirements clearly, completely, and correctly while, at the same time, representing them in a formal and visual way through data models.
• Interface with a wide range of customers, ranging from Senior Level Executives to ETL / Reporting Developers.
• Work through early stages of software lifecycle to profile data and to create conceptual, logical & physical data model designs with appropriate structure and relationships for optimal performance.
• Work in a fast-paced environment that develops, implements, and maintains mission critical information systems to the Business Intelligence community.
• Seeking a self-motivated, technical, results-oriented, and quality-focused individual with strong data warehouse and architecture skills.
• Ensure the long term reliability, scalability and maintainability of systems.
• Provide overall direction, guidance, and definition of an enterprise data architecture that effectively supports Business Intelligence capabilities. The candidate must have extensive knowledge of data architectures related to Data Warehouse implementations (as compared to OLTP).
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with multiple ongoing projects concurrently.
• Extensive experience gathering requirements, designing, and developing data warehouses.
• Experience with Oracle PL/SQL or T-SQL.
• Experience with Data Profiling Tools.
• Experience with Metadata Tools.
• Experience with providing End User Query Support.
• Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver.
• Ability to support long term goals along with immediate performance concerns.
• Strong communication skills and ability to translate highly complex technical issues to non-technical audience.
• Excellent communication, mentoring and problem solving skills.
• Ensure that the designs are consistent with the overall architecture for Business Intelligence as previously documented.
• Ensure that significant design decisions are communicated, validated, and adhered to.
• Provide rationale for design decisions.
• Typically requires bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and 4 or more years of related experience.
• Agile approach – emphasis on good people, continuous delivery of value, close collaboration with clients.
• Learning and reuse by leveraging patterns and frameworks.
• Small teams focused on full life-cycle from discovery and planning through implementation and launch.
• No technology bias and no affiliations with vendors – we use the technologies and approaches that make sense for our clients.
• Constant learning – adding modern technologies, frameworks, tools and products to our tool belt.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CULTURE
• Be surrounded by the best and the brightest colleagues with exemplary computer science backgrounds gained from top schools and unique work experience.
• Work closely with and be mentored by experienced and seasoned architects and consultants to take your career to the next level.
• An open environment, flat organization, casual attire, and flexibility.
• Opportunities for rapid growth and accelerated responsibilities driven purely by performance.
• A penchant for hands-on problem solving, and a willingness to challenge assumptions.
• Everyone has a voice and is always encouraged to use it.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
• Annual opportunity for bonuses, raises, and promotions based solely on individual performance.
• 90% of health (including prescriptions), and dental insurance premiums covered by X by 2. X by 2 offers an HSA plan, which allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars for medical expenses including deductibles. All deductions are exempt from federal, state and FICA taxes.
• Short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, and vision insurance start day one at negligible cost to the employee.
• Paid time off including vacation days, personal days, sick days (taken as necessary), and holidays.
• Eligible to contribute to 401(k) six months after hire date.
• Work-life flexibility.
• Fully stocked kitchen – free pop, coffee, and snacks.
• Company-sponsored social events for employees and families.