Key Skills and Competencies:
1. Minimum of 1 year experience operating CNC machines such as lathes and milling machines in a
heavy manufacturing environment.
2. Intermediate knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such
instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth
gages, indicators and scales.
3. Intermediate knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an intermediate understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensions.
4. Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
5. Must be able to operate a forklift and lifting devices for movement of parts.
6. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
7. Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
8. Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
9. Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts and changing work schedules.
10. Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose calculating material fabrication.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Under the direction of a supervisor and/or experienced machinist, responsible for quality parts
produced on CNC machines such as but not limited to lathes and milling machines.
2. Responsible for loading parts, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
3. Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.