Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Durham School Services, a subsidiary of National Express Corporation, a well known provider of School Bus Services in the US and Canada has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic (tech I) at our facility in Birmingham, MI. Key accountabilities for this position include customer satisfaction, productivity, technical skills and knowledge, teamwork, personal and facility image and safety as well as a commitment to Excellence.
Qualified Candidates should have:
** Minimum of three to five years Med / Hvy truck mechanic repair experience
Prefer ASE Certification as a Master Automotive Technician and/or a Master Truck Technician
High School graduate or equivalent education, training and experience
Ideally have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems
Possess the recommended minimum Hand tools for a Master Technician
Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
Must be experienced with computerized diagnostics
Ability to use good judgment and Decision Making skills
Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred) **Company has a free training program for mechanics.
APPLICANTS MAY APPLY AT OUR FACILITY:
DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES
Birmingham, MI 48009
Fleet Diesel Mechanic - Tech I - To diagnose malfunctions and repair buses and perform preventative maintenance within qualification level to established standards of safe and reliable operation and in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
"Our Commitment Is To Deliver Fleet Excellence Every Time"
1. Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
2. Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
3. Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
4. Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
5. Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
6. Advises Maintenance Supervisor of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
7. Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
Key Skills in: Engine repair, Test and adjust units to specifications Engine repair and overhaul, Electrical and electronic systems, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Alignment, Fleet Mechanic, Valve and injector adjustments, steering and suspension adjustment, Diagnose faults and malfunctions Brake systems, Complete brake jobs and wheel seals, Lubricate , Heavy-Duty Equipment mechanic, Hydraulic systems, diagnostic tools, brake & Engine calibration devices, preventive maintenance, Bus Mechanic, Fuel and emission systems, Ignition and electrical systems, combustible engines Automatic transmission, Standard transmission, driveline components , Inspect and test mechanical units, School Bus, Repair and replace mechanical units, suspension systems, Drive train components, Collision repair, Diesel Repair, R&R, Overhaul, Maintenance of commercial transport truck systems, DOT inspections, off road equipment repair, automotive/diesel repair certification, Master Mechanic, Bus Garage Mechanic, Services tech.
Please feel free to visit our corporate website at www.nationalexpresscorp.com, our Durham School Services website at www.durhamschoolservices.com for additional information regarding our company.