The CA (Computer Associates) Desktop Protection Suite r2 is a fully integrated data protection solution that combines award-winning technologies in areas of antivirus, anti-spyware, storage and data migration. This base package includes the capacity to support 5 computers. Additional licenses can be purchased in increments of 5, 10 or 20.
Features and Functionalities
• Fully integrated management GUI. Through a new, fully integrated, Web-based management console – called the Server Control Center – you can manage security, storage and migration for simplified, streamlined administration. From this centralized console, you can view and control users, policies, configurations, scans, restores, migrations, updates and logs to quickly respond to new events and effectively manage protection throughout your organization. (See Figure 1)
In addition, the Protection Suites also provide a fully integrated Desktop Control Center that combines all client-side activity on one screen for easier administration of your protection technologies. (See Figure 2)
• Simplified installation process. The security, storage and migration features are fully integrated on both clients and the server, making installation extremely simple.
• Proactive protection from viruses and spyware. Protection against today's most dangerous threats including spyware, viruses, worms and Trojans to improve PC and system performance, reduce system downtimeand secure confidential business information.
• World-class data protection and recovery. Offers transparent backup and recovery protection for Windows-based laptop and desktop computers, enabling you to quickly and easily backup and recover critical information without affecting user productivity and business activity.
• Efficient desktop migration. Eliminates the need to manually input user settings, preferences and data on replaced and upgraded PCs.
The Server component is supported on the following operating systems:
• Microsoft Windows 2000
• Microsoft Windows XP Professional
• Microsoft Windows 2003
• Microsoft Windows Small Business Server Standard and Premium
To install the server component, you must have Windows Installer 3.1.
1 GB available space is required to install all server components
The Desktop client component is supported on the following operating systems:
• Microsoft Windows 2000
• Microsoft Windows XP Home/Professional
100 MB available space is required for the client component in addition to the space you will require to store backed up settings and desktop backup files.
To use the suite, you must have a Pentium-class computer with 512 MB RAM.