The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. In the areas of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods, and building technology, some 285,000 associates in roughly 50 countries generated sales of roughly $63 billion in fiscal year 2010. Bosch in North America supplies automotive original equipment and aftermarket products, industrial drives and control technology, power tools, security and packaging technology, thermotechnology, household appliances, solar energy, healthcare and software innovations.
This position is for a Senior Actuation Engineer out of our facility in Farmington Hills, MI.
· Engineer responsible for design and development of actuation products (vacuum boosters/master cylinders) supplied to OEM's and involvement in actuation product improvements, cost reduction and customer driven changes.
· Must be capable of utilizing APQP, to lead customer application programs from new business acquisition until end of production.
· Responsibilities include: product design, customer interface, validation testing, participating on manufacturing cross-functional teams, supporting supplier and plant manufacturing process development and on-going production support.
Detailed design activities will include:
· Drawing and specification creation, release and updates.
· Generate engineering Stack-ups; DFMEA’s and DRBFM’s.
· Procure prototype hardware for testing and customer samples.
· Validation plan generation and data analysis.
· Leading design reviews with customers, manufacturing and Suppliers.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering (BSME preferred) or equivalent four year engineering degree.
· Very good communication skills; both written and verbal.
· CATIA V5 is a plus.
· Design engineering experience also a plus.
· Some familiarity with manufacturing processes ( Molding, stamping, machining and casting)
· GD&T is a plus.
· Problem solving background is a plus.
· Pneumatics and Hydraulics is a plus.
· Speaking Japanese and/or Spanish is a plus.
· Must be willing to work flexible work hours.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.