The Executive Assistant to the CEO /CFO will perform skilled administrative and high level support services primarily to the CFO and the Department of Finance and Administration and secondarily to the Finance and Audit Committees.
- Act as first point of contact for the CFO and Finance Department.
- Assist CFO daily: receive and return phone calls and handle as appropriate. Provide administrative support to the Finance, Investment Sub-Committee and Audit Committees (approx. 40 to 60 hours per month).
- Perform administrative duties and functions requiring confidentiality, initiative and sound. decision-making as well as occasionally acting as supervisor to lower level support staff.
- Calendar management: coordinate and schedule appointments and meetings.
- Distribute monthly financial and investment mailings to all Board members.
- Produce presentations with Power Point and Excel as directed by the CEO/ CFO.
- Provide administrative support to the Finance, Investment Sub and Audit Committees. This includes but is not limited to constant communication with committee members in planning meetings.
- Assist the CFO with all investment communication between Investment Advisor/Money Managers/Custodian.
- Support the CFO and Controller with the components of the annual audit, initial meetings/audit confirms/maintenance of the distribution of the audit reports. Responsible for the maintenance of all Finance related committee meeting minutes to the auditors.
- Along with the VP of Finance and Accounting responsible for the preparation of the annual budgets packets. Also, assists the VP of Finance and Accounting with any budget administration processes.
- Organize and maintain files regularly for CFO in compliance with established procedures and standards to ensure completeness, confidentiality, and easy retrieval.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate Finance Departmental meetings, retreats and other events with the company's Departments. Prepare agendas, make copies, set up room, coordinate with speakers, take and type notes, order/pick up/layout refreshments, etc.
- Update and distribute lists, rosters and other information documents as needed.
- Assist with writing and revising various policies, procedures, plans and processes.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the CFO and Finance staff as needed, process CFO expense report.
- Track Finance Department vacation and sick leave balances.
Responsible for managing the Finance Department petty cash procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required. BA is preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant work experience in an accounting/Finance Department
- Prefer C level support experience
Proficient computer skills - Word, Excel, E-mail, Inter-/Intranet. Power Point proficiency.
Knowledge of office methods, procedures, practices, equipment.
Prioritizes tasks and meets deadlines with minimal supervision.
Experience taking minutes, scheduling appointments and meetings.
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Positive and responsive attitude.
Effective written communication skills.
Excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
Assertive. Takes control in crisis situations. Problem solver.
Communicates with respect. Adjusts communication to level of audience. Communicates openly and directly. Responds professionally.
Understands authority and who needs to be involved in decision making; seeks appropriate approvals.
Ability to work effectively with a variety of different people and at all levels in the organization. Creates win-win solutions. Team player.
Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.