International Chemical Manufacturer is currently looking to for a Tax Director. This individual will report to the CFO and will be part of a financial team working to ensure the timely and efficient completion of federal, state, foreign and partnership tax compliance, as they pertain to the operations.
- Oversee and assist with preparation of consolidated US Federal and multiple state income tax returns, extensions and estimated payments.
- Federal return includes some reporting on international affiliates and transactions, including coordinating information from business units and Parent.
- Responsible in the preparation of the reconciliation of all income tax liability, deferred tax accounts and foreign tax withholding accounts.
- Interact with corporate business segments and functional groups to obtain required information to properly compute the federal, foreign and state tax returns, as needed.
- Assist income tax audits and assist in researching audit issues.
- Review audit assessments, analyze risk/reward profile of audit positions, recommend action to be taken and assist in the filing of audit protests when necessary.
- Implement necessary changes relating to issues identified during audits.
- Adhere to controls established by Tax management under SOX 404 internal control documentation requirements for the income tax process.
- In depth understanding of Accounting for Income Taxes process, including the calculation of federal, state and foreign, current and deferred income tax expense and balance sheet account analysis in accordance with SFAS 109 (FAS 109).
- Minimum 8-10 years combined tax experience in a large public accounting firm environment, along with 3-5 years of industry experience within a large conglomerate.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Masters on Taxation desired .
Strong PC skills (i.e. Excel, Word).
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and with strong organization skills Ability to meet tight deadlines and a strong work ethic Ability to articulate complex issues to a varied audience (i.e. both tax as well as non-tax colleagues).
All responses held in confidence. Please drop resume in Word.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.