• 4 year college degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Masters in Tax and/or CPA preferred.
• 3-7 years tax experience in public accounting (Big 4, large regional firm) and/or large corporate tax division.
• Large corporation tax experience required; legal entity accounting in a large consolidated corporate group preferred.
• Analytical and detailed with solid accounting and federal income tax skills. Some experience in state income tax a plus.
• Ability to work independently, decisively and efficiently.
• Excellent planning and organization skills, including the ability to multi-task under demanding conditions.
• Ability to supervise the work of others, providing direction and overseeing their activities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Excellent computer skills utilizing MS Office, Corptax or other tax compliance software. Mainframe (QMF) computer skills are a plus.
• Flexible team-player able to assist with work at multiple levels, as necessary, to meet formal deadlines and other requirements.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for hands-on review of key areas of state income tax return preparation including a variety of federal/state income tax accounting differences. Domestic and worldwide state returns include consolidated, unitary combined and separate company filings.
• Assist in analysis of business operations and tax implications to determine the appropriate allocation of state income tax liability, including tax credits.
• Direct work performed by tax staff in preparation of elaborate analyzes supporting the liability allocation.
• Monitor and incorporate impact of federal and state law changes in area of responsibility.
• Regularly and professionally communicate in verbal and written form with various levels of operating and accounting personnel, internal and external, to gather information, troubleshoot differences, resolve issues.
• Address all routine state notices in verbal or written manner, as appropriate. Assist in responding to state income tax audit inquiries, as needed.
• Research tax issues and assist in select tax planning projects.
• Supervise Tax Accountant and oversee routine work performed by Senior Tax Accountants.
Please forward any resume, credentials or salary information you wish to share to Kendall Kahn at kendallkahn @ pobox.com
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.