Payroll Manager to manage our multi-state, multi-company payroll. Should have an extensive background in managing a payroll team and ensuring the organization is in compliance with all policies, labor laws and tax reporting.
Responsible for managing and directing the work efforts of the corporate payroll function.
1. Provides leadership and direction of the goals and objectives of the department; overseeing team operationally, balancing multiple duties daily, including daily processing, customer facing inquiries and payroll projects.
2. Manages assigned staff including interviewing, training and monitoring job performance.
3. Maintains a strong working relationship between all business partners and payroll vendors.
3. Develops and establishes policies and objectives consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient operations.
4. Reviews and approves journal entries and other accounting transactions.
5. Ensures that all payroll entries comply with corporate policies and procedures.
6. Investigates and resolves problems with payroll and employees as required.
7. Audits and ensures that all W2 and tax reporting are completed on time.
8. Maintains communication with all levels of corp management personnel.
9. Develops and maintains written policies and procedures for payroll and supervises their implementation.
10. Provides necessary information and reports to the organization’s internal auditors in a timely fashion.
11. Assists in developing and monitoring division and department goals.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Req Education or Equivalent Experience:
• Preferred a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance business, administration or related area
. CPP preferred
• Four to five years experience in finance, accounting or related area, including supervisory experience, preferably in a financial institution
Field of Experience:
• Thorough knowledge of payroll laws, regulations, processes, and taxes.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.