A dynamic company in Auburn Hills, MI has an outstanding opportunity for a regular full-time Accounting Manager. The purpose of this position is to manage the accounting function, hiring/developing accounting staff, day-to-day management of accounting function, conducting monthly book close, preparing financial statements/reports, implementing effective policies and procedures, developing process to gain efficiencies in the closing process, and managing various audit engagements.
The successful candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Finance and/or Accounting;
· 5 or more years of experience in Financial Reporting;
· 5 or more years of experience with G/L accounting systems;
· 5 or more years accounting experience managing monthly close processes;
· 4 or more years knowledge of internal controls and interfacing with external auditors;
· 3 or more years of experience in a supervisory or team leader role;
The following skills are desired:
· Great Plains or similar G/L system experience desired;
· Knowledge of report writer and Excel or similar programs desired;
· Work closely with corporate accounting and budgetary accounting groups to facilitate seamless flow of data across groups for monthly financial reporting;
· Perform analysis over financial data to help ensure the accuracy of reported balances;
· Conduct monthly, quarterly, and year-end book close;
· Prepare financial statements for fiscal and calendar year ends;
· Prepare and deliver quarterly financial reporting packages as well as ad hoc reports as required;
· Ensure compliance with corporate and FCC external audit requirements;
· Implement and sustain an effective internal control environment around financial activity and reporting;
· Work across divisions and support mechanisms to effectively accomplish team objectives;
· Responsible for the management and operation of the Great Plains general ledger system;
· Develop and maintain accounting systems that will accommodate various reporting requirements of GAAP.
· Hire, train, and promote development of accounting personnel through direct management and corporate employee development programs.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.